International Courses

Frequently Asked Questions

Why study with us?

We are a diverse, cosmopolitan college, welcoming international students from across the world – our community includes students of over 60 different nationalities speaking over 55 different languages. With plenty of study options to choose from, and central locations in the heart of London, our colleges offer top industry standard training and education while getting the chance to study in the UK.

Who can apply?

All Non-UK nationals from across the world can apply for our courses however you will need: 

  • To have completed education at secondary school level or higher
  • IELTS overall score of 4.5 or equivalent (where English is not your first language)

International students will require an appropriate visa (‘leave to remain permission’) such as the Youth Mobility Scheme visa, or a visitor visa.

All applicants must have an initial assessment and interview to confirm that the course is suitable for them.

Terms and conditions apply depending in course selected.

What course should I apply for?

Depending on what subject you would like to study, we have a range of courses suitable for international students.

Westminster Kingsway College (WestKing)
City and Islington College (CANDI)

Apply for any of our A Levels – You must select a total of 3 A Level subjects.

What can I do with my qualification

Our courses are formal qualifications that allow you to progress onto further study (in college or university) or into a career in the chosen field.

What accommodation can I apply to live in?

We do not have accommodation for students at our colleges, but we do work closely with a number of accommodation providers and are able to provide information on accommodation options in London.

For student residence, take a look at Unilodgers or London Homestays. For short stay options or further information, please contact

Do I need a visa to study at CCCG?

If you’re not a national of the UK or a national of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status in the UK, and don’t already hold a UK visa, you may need a study visa. You can check if you need a visa to study by visiting and filling in your details.


As part of your immigration application, you will be asked to pay for an Immigration Health Surcharge. To find out whether you need to pay an immigration health surcharge, and how much this will be, please follow the instructions on the online surcharge calculator.


Students wishing to study in the UK for a period of 6 months or less may do so on a Visitor Visa. Non visa nationals can apply for visitor clearing upon entry to the UK, visa nationals should apply in advance. For English language courses of 6 – 11 months a Short-Term Study visa should be applied for in advance of travel.

For more information on short term study visas, please click here or visit the GOV website

If you have any questions please contact