Information for International Students
If you’re looking for somewhere to study A Levels, then look no further. Our specialist Sixth Form College in Angel has over 25 years of outstanding success, and offers over 30 different A Levels to help ensure you get a place at your first-choice university.
Studying A Levels with City and Islington College (CANDI) gives you the perfect hybrid of support and freedom – you are treated as an adult, so you’re ready for university, but given the support you need to succeed in your A Levels. Many of our students go on to study at renowned universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, University College London (UCL) and King’s University.
Our bespoke Sixth Form College is located in central London, and offers one of the largest A Level provisions in the UK, with over 35 subjects to choose from. It has specially designed classrooms and workshops with industry-recommended equipment, as well as a well-stocked library, social spaces and café, creating a vibrant, sociable place to study. At CANDI, you won’t have assemblies or have to wear uniform, and you’ll be studying in a diverse community, with people from across London and the South East.
A Level details
Study options: Choose 3 A Levels from our offering of over 30 (see the full course list here).
Course duration: 2 years (academic years run September – July)
Hours of study: A typical A Level time table is around 16 hours per week. 4 hours per week English support will be provided for international students if required.
Tuition fee: £10,500 per year
Academic requirements: You will find the entry requirements for each of our A Levels on the dedicated webpage for each subject.
Our general minimum entry requirements to study three A Levels are:
- Must be aged 16-18
- Five GCSEs or equivalent at grade 4 or above, which must include English Language and Maths
- At least three of your five GCSEs or equivalent need to be a grade 5 or above
- IELTS for UKVI (Academic) overall at 6.0 (with no score below 5.5)
- Successful interview
- Financial evidence demonstrating you have the necessary maintenance funds for your stay.
- Compulsory supplements and other entry requirements may also apply (e.g. portfolio or audition for Art related subjects).
How to apply
To apply for our A Levels as an International student, simply have a look through our A Level courses and then download our application form using the button below. Once you have completed the form, please email it to email@example.com. You can find more details on the application process on our how to apply page
Progression to University
The majority of our A Level students progress onto University after completing their studies with us and have attended 17 of the top 20 universities (rated by Time Higher Education):
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- UCL (University College London)
- King’s College London, University of London
- London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London
- University of Manchester
- University of Bristol
- University of Warwick
- University of Birmingham
- University of Southampton
- University of Sheffield
- Lancaster University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Leeds
- University of Nottingham
- University of Exeter
Here’s five fantastic reasons why you should choose to study with us:
- A huge range of subjects – We offer A Levels in many subjects not available at schools
- Students are treated like adults – There’s no ‘Yes Sir’ or ‘Yes Miss’ here. Students are often on first name terms with the teachers and given the personal responsibility for getting their work assignments done. Of course, we will still encourage, motivate and support our students to succeed
- Make new friends – A chance to widen your social circle and get to know more people. The more you broaden your horizons, the more opportunities that are presented to you in work and life
- Industry experienced teachers – Many of our lecturers and tutors have worked in the fields they teach and are able to share first-hand knowledge and experience to give students the professional skills and realistic expectations of their future careers
- Fantastic enrichment and support – Students benefit from a more rounded education including trips, talks from industry experts, debates and workshops, competitions, community projects, sports, clubs and societies, careers advice and support with UCAS applications
International Study – Expression of Interest