This course will be delivered at the new Centre for Applied Technology in Soho, in the heart of London's Digital and Creative economy. This is an exciting new addition to Westminster Kingsway College, opening in September 2024.
Our bespoke building will provide unparalleled facilities tailored for the creators and innovators of tomorrow, enabling learners to hone their craft on industry-standard equipment & develop the skills that the industry desperately needs.
The centre boasts industry-leading equipment and state-of-the-art training spaces including:
The repurposed Soho Centre will act as a beacon for world-class Creative and Digital sector provision, providing a talent pipeline of qualified and experienced individuals to access the fantastic career opportunities in these sectors.
The T Level in Production, Design, and Development offered by Pearson is an innovative and immersive program designed to equip students with practical skills and theoretical knowledge essential for thriving in the dynamic landscape of production and design industries. Tailored as a technical qualification, this course integrates classroom learning with substantial industry placements, providing students with a well-rounded understanding of various facets within the production and design sectors.
Furthermore, the course emphasises the use of modern technologies and software relevant to the production and design sectors. Students learn to navigate industry-standard tools and software, enhancing their technical competencies and adaptability within rapidly evolving industries.
Students will complete a minimum of 315 hours as part of their qualification in the industry on placement, this equates to 20% of your learning, and for the other 80% of the T Level, you will be learning in a classroom.
Embedded within the T Level will be English, Maths and Digital skills, weekly tutorials
You will need:
All assessments are externally marked and are split into two sections the core component and the occupational specialist component.
Employer Set project (externally set)
Occupational Specialist Component:
Externally set project
A distinctive aspect of this course is the incorporation of an extensive industry placement, enabling students to apply their theoretical learning in practical settings. These placements provide invaluable exposure to the workings of production environments, allowing students to learn from experienced professionals, understand industry practices, and develop crucial employability skills.
If you will be aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31st August prior to the start date of your course and you have the legal right to remain in the UK for the duration of your programme then your study with us will be free. Please see here for the documents you will need to show us.
Some courses will have other associated costs, such as for specialist materials and trips. Many of our students are eligible for financial support, see here for details.
Upon completion, graduates of the T Level in Production, Design, and Development emerge with a blend of practical skills, industry experience, and theoretical understanding, positioning them favorably for various roles in manufacturing, design engineering, product development, or further academic pursuits. This qualification serves as a stepping stone for individuals aspiring to contribute innovatively and effectively to the realms of production and design.
The T Level supports progression into entry-level jobs or higher education.
Job roles and progression paths could include:
Higher Education and training paths could include: