Our Athletics Academy launched in 2017, partnered with the Scholastic Sports Network. Joining the academy will provide you with elite training, support, guidance, coaching and allow you to enter athletics competitions.
What are the benefits of joining the Academy?
All athletes in our Athletics Academy will receive:
- Free training kit, tracksuit and kit bag
- Professional athletics coaching for 4-6 hours per week in our Enfield Centre sports facility, and the world-class Lea Valley Athletics Centre, by professional athletics coaches with international experience
- Opportunities to compete in organised college track & field events
- On-site medical support for injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Free access to the college gym and fitness suite under coach supervision
- Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you
In addition to the above, Elite Academy athletes will receive:
- 6-10 hours of professional athletics coaching and strength and conditioning per week
- Open access to daily training facilities
- Individual technical development programme
- Sports nutritional analysis and tailored nutrition program
- Mental toughness analysis, training and support program
- Support pathways to university scholarships in the USA and across the UK
- Opportunity to become a college-sponsored athlete – giving you individual training and development support of up to £1500 per year
What are the entry requirements?
To be considered for the Athletics Academy, you must be:
Each of our academies come equipped with one-to-one training and support with professional coaches, full use of the colleges’ sports facilities, personalised strength, conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes, medical support and a sportswear kit. Our academies are suitable for students aged 16-18, and welcome players of all skill levels.
You can fit our academies around your studying. Check out our full list of sport related courses including Personal Training, Sports Level 1, 2 and 3, Nutrition and Health, Sport Psychology and Sport and Active Leisure Injury, Illness and Rehabilitation. See our list of courses here.
How to Apply
All our courses are part of the academies. Choose a relevant course, and the Academy will then work with you to ensure you are able to access the course.
See our full list of CCCG courses here. If you are unsure of which study path to take, check out our level equivalence table.
Interested in joining the Athletics Academy? Contact us by filling out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!