This qualification aims to give you the knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. You will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is designed for those with an interest in, or who are already working with, people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
You can enrol on our FREE distance learning courses from the comfort of your own home, with all workbooks and assessments available online with the help of your tutor who will be assigned to support you throughout your training. All you’ll need is a computer (laptop or PC, Windows, or Mac), tablet and access to the internet.
Awarding body: NCFE/CACHE
Duration of course: 2-3 Months
Guided learning hours: 143
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 – Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Unit 02 – Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 – Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 – Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 – Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
• Unit 06 – Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
To enrol with us you must live in London or a non-devolved area of England and:
You will be contacted and asked to complete a short English assessment and enrolment, online or at the College.
If you have any further questions, or are unsure if you meet any of the eligibility criteria for a free course, please contact the Distance Learning Team: email@example.com - 0207 931 6903
Register your interest and BOOK NOW!
FREE – If you meet the eligibility criteria
The qualification can support progression to further sector-specific training and qualifications for the following types of roles:
• Healthcare Support Service Worker
• Healthcare Assistant
• Health Education/Health Promotion Worker
• Care Assistant
• Nursing Assistant