ABOUT THE COURSE
This course provides you with a broad introduction to the business and administration sector, giving you underpinning knowledge and skills specific to the sector, alongside a range of transferable employability skills. It has been designed to help you progress to further learning and employment in business and administration or other related sectors.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
Topics covered can include:
- Enterprise in the business world
- Introduction to Business
- Finance for Business (Externally assessed)
- Promoting a brand (Optional unit) - Here students will learn will explore the importance of branding and promotion to business and elements of the promotional mix in order to develop and promote a brand for a business
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need:
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above or an equivalent Level 1 qualification at Merit
- A reference from your previous school/college
All applicants must have an interview to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The course consists of one externally assessed unit. The remaining units are internally assessed.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
No additional costs/course fees.
WHAT CAN I DO AFTER?
The knowledge and skills you will acquire on this programme of study will support progression to a broad range of level 3 study such as:
- other Level 2 vocational qualifications
- Level 3 vocational qualifications
- BTEC L3 National Foundation Diploma in Business
- BTEC L3 National Extended Diploma in Business
WHERE STUDENTS PROGRESS TO AFTER THIS COURSE
of people went into Education, not Higher Education, after completing the course
of people went into Higher Education after completing the course
of people went into Employment after completing the course