With the academic year halfway through, many Year 11 students are now knuckling down and revising ahead of their GCSE exams this summer.
Many will also be thinking about their future, and it is important for them to realise that staying on at school sixth form is not the only or always the best option.
Capital City College Group (CCCG) Is London’s largest further education college group and comprises City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London and apprenticeship provider Capital City College Training.
Here’s six fantastic reasons why those leaving school this year should choose CCCG’s colleges over school when it comes to taking the next step in their education.
- A bigger choice of qualifications and pathways – Whether you want to take the academic or technical route to university or employment we have the right course for you. Choose from A Levels, T Levels, BTEC and City & Guilds diplomas and certificates or apprenticeships with top employers.
- A huge range of subjects – We offer A Levels in many subjects along with courses in accounting and business, IT, creative media, art and design, construction, childcare, engineering, hair and beauty, hospitality and culinary arts, performing arts and music, public services, science and sport.
- Students are treated like adults – There’s no ‘Yes Sir’ or ‘Yes Miss’ here. Students are often on first name terms with their teachers and given the personal responsibility for getting their work assignments done. Of course, we will still encourage, motivate and support our students to succeed.
- Make new friends – A chance to widen your social circle and get to know more people. The more you broaden your horizons, the more opportunities that are presented to you in work and life.
- Industry experienced teachers – Many of our lecturers and tutors have worked in the fields they teach and are able to share first-hand knowledge and experience to give students the professional skills and realistic expectations of their future careers.
- Fantastic enrichment and support – Students benefit from a more rounded education including trips at home and abroad, talks from industry experts, debates and workshops, competitions, community projects, sports, clubs and societies, careers advice and support with UCAS applications.
Don’t forget our Open Days
Attend one of our Open Days or drop in sessions where you will get to:
- Hear from our students and teachers
- Find out more about our courses
- Find out about student life
- Visit our outstanding teaching areas, featuring industry-standard equipment
- Get information about the support we offer