Terms of reference
The Search Committee shall consist of the Chair of the Board and three independent members of the Board. The Chief Executive will be in attendance.
The Chair of the Board will chair the committee.
The Director of Governance shall be in attendance and be responsible for:
- advising the group on matters in relation to the Instrument and Articles of Government and other associated regulations;
- taking or overseeing the taking of minutes of the meetings.
The Search Committee shall meet termly or as required.
The quorum for meetings of the committee shall be 40%.
Members are required to disclose any interest or conflict of interest they have in any matter being considered at any meeting at the earliest opportunity and before the item is considered. A member should withdraw from this part of the meeting if the interest could be perceived as being likely to interfere with the exercise of a member’s independent judgment and if required to do so by a majority of those members present, and must not vote on the matter.
The Role of the Committee
The role of the committee is as follows:-
- To consider and advise the Board on the composition and balance of the Board;
- To be responsible for nominating and determining the process for selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment to the Board and Committees;
- To oversee and recommend any changes to the Board policies and procedures for:-
- The induction of Board members
- The appraisal of Board members
- The training of Board members
- To oversee the procedures and processes in place in relation to the performance (and if necessary the removal) of senior postholders including the CEO.
The Committee has no delegated financial powers.