ABOUT THE COURSE
The Course is a Level 3 Course that comprises both Knowledge and Skills elements.
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of the adult care worker's role in care settings
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- Provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Build knowledge and skills to work in adult care in health and social care settings in England
- Cover a wide range of areas allowing learners to tailor the qualification to meet their needs, interests,
- Preferred progression paths and the context of their job role
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
- AC M1 Promote communication in care settings (A/650/1366)
- AC M2 Handling information in adult care (D/650/1367)
- AC M3 Promote own continuous personal and professional development (F/650/1368)
- AC M4 Person-centred practice, choice and independence (H/650/1369)
- AC M4B Understand how to promote personal well-being (L/650/1370)
- AC M5 Promote equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights in care settings (M/650/1371)
- AC M6 Promote health and safety in care settings (R/650/1372)
- AC M6B Support the health and well-being of individuals in a care setting (T/650/1373)
- AC M7 Scope and responsibilities of an adult care worker (Y/650/1374)
- AC M8 Understand duty of care (A/650/1375)
- AC M9 Understand how to safeguard individuals (D/650/1376)
- AC M10 Understand mental capacity and restrictive practices (F/650/1377)
- AC M11 Infection prevention and control in a care setting (H/650/1378)
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need
- Level 2 Qualification in Health Care
- a Level 1 Functional Skills in English and are working towards your Level 2
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
This qualification is internally assessed and externally quality assured.
The assessment consists of two components:
- An internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is assessed by centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE
- An assessed Observation conducted in a work/placement setting (Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement)
WHAT WILL IT COST?
WHAT CAN I DO AFTER?
- lead adult care worker
- senior care support worker
- lead personal assistant
Or on to Further education such as:
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Services (England)
or on to Higher Education.